- Summary: Top 5 Best Pistol Cleaning Kit
- Pistol Cleaning Kit: Buying Guide
- Pistol Cleaning Kit Reviews
- Real Avid Gun Boss Pro Handgun – .45, .40, .357, .38, 9MM, .22 caliber pistol cleaning kit
- Mil-Comm Complete Pistol Cleaning Kit – Official Trainer Series
- GLORYFIRE Universal Gun Cleaning Kit 159 PCS Cleaning Rods for .22 to .45 Caliber Handguns
- Allen Company Ruger Compact Handgun Cleaning Kit
- Outers 28 – Piece Universal Wood Gun Cleaning Box (.22 Caliber and up)
Are you one of those people that do not clean your pistol as often as you should because it’s tedious work? If you used the best pistol cleaning kit then it would make that task so much easier to do.
Many people consider guns a must have item but they are certainly not maintenance free. If you own a gun you should clean it after every time you fire it and after every few months it sits unused on a shelf or in a gun cabinet. There are several quality pistol cleaning kits in the firearms marketplace and we will take a closer look at some of the best models available.
Summary: Top 5 Best Pistol Cleaning Kit
Editor’s Rating (out of 5.0)
Pistol Cleaning Kit: Buying Guide
Here are the important features that should be part of any pistol cleaning kit that you are thinking about purchasing.
- Well laid out case
You want everything that is included in your pistol cleaning kit to be laid out nice and laid out in a way that it makes sense. Another thing you will want is for the items in your handgun cleaning kit to be far enough apart from each other so that the items are easy to take out and put back in. There is nothing that will frustrate you more than using a gun cleaning kit where its contents are unorganized or cluttered together.
- Multifunctional handle
The handle that comes in any gun cleaning kit you purchase will be the most important tool in there. It is what determines whether your pistol cleaning will go smoothly or not. A good handgun cleaning handle will have both threaded and fixed position receivers and will usually function as a tap hammer too.
- Quality cleaning rods
You don’t want poorly made cleaning rods in your pistol cleaning kit that make it hard to insert your cleaning accessories into the barrel of your gun. Poorly made gun cleaning rods will bend too much and that will not allow you to do the detailed cleaning that any gun barrel requires. Look for a kit that has rods that are made out of sturdy metals such as bronze.
- Good assortment of cleaning accessories
The accessories that come with a pistol cleaning kit are what really enable you to do a thorough handgun cleaning and be able to do it in a reasonable amount of time. Look for such accessories as nylon jags, phosphor bronze bore brushes and both large and small slotted tips (preferably nylon). The kit should also include several gun cleaning patches.
- Rugged and easy to store case
Last but not lease the case that comes with your gun cleaning kit should be sturdy and hold the contents in place well even if you travel with it. It should also be able to be stored easily on a workbench or in your gun safe for easy and organized access to it for when you need to use it.
Pistol Cleaning Kit Reviews
Here is a pistol cleaning kit that will satisfy anyone that purchases it. It’s definitely designed by a company that employs some individuals who know there way around handguns and know what it takes to clean them.
This kit will work great for cleaning most any major caliber pistol. It can be used on such caliber pistols as 9mm, .22Cal, .38cal, .357Cal, .40Cal, and also .45Cal pistols. The kit is loaded with several different size bronze bore cleaning brushes, nylon jags and nylon cleaning tips.
Even the impact resistant carrying case that comes with this model pistol cleaning kit was designed so that the cleaning tools are laid out well and everything is easy to take out and put back in its place.
- Well laid out/impact resistant case
- High quality 12.5” gun cleaning rod
- Multifunctional handle design
- 13 accessories included
- Works for all the major pistol calibers
- When the case is used as a stand it is unstable
- Does not come with lubricant or cleaning fluid
This is a nicely put together pistol cleaning kit that you can easily take anywhere you need to clean your handguns. It’s an especially good kit for those that are new to pistol cleaning too. It includes everything you need to do a good thorough cleaning on any handgun that you own.
Everything you need is included right in the kit and that includes lubricants and degreaser. There is a generous supply of gun cleaning patches, several different size bore brushes, nylon cleaning tips and a few cleaning rods too. It even comes with its own multi-use T-handle.
The soft but thick padded bag is a very nice feature that comes with this kit. Be warned though it does not have any individual compartments inside it to store its various contents. But you will not find a better kit that you can take into the field with you.
- Excellent kit for novice gun cleaners
- Thick padded storage bag
- Great to take into the field
- Includes everything you need for cleaning
- Lubricants and degreaser supplied too
- Military grade gun cleaning kit
- Does not keep the cleaning accessories organized
- Small size degreaser, grease and gun oil bottles
This is a really nice universal gun cleaning kit. It does not only work great for cleaning your pistols but it can be used for cleaning larger size guns too. Everything you need except for your lubricants and degreasers is included right in the kit.
There are 159 pieces in this kit in all. This includes many assorted size gun cleaning rods, nylon cleaning tips and also a large assortment of quality bore brushes. It even includes two different multi-function handles and several gun cleaning patches.
One of the best features of this gun cleaning kit is its case. The items that are stored in it are laid out so you can easily get to them and they are also well organized. Not only is the case laid out well and organized but it is also a very sturdy hard plastic case. That means you will have no problems if want to take this case out into the field with you.
- Sturdy and organized case design
- Large assortment of accessories included
- Universal gun cleaning kit
- Can handle being taken into the field
- 3-year warranty
- Kit is too large to carry in a backpack
If you are looking for a simple pistol cleaning kit that is affordable and easy to use then look no further. That is exactly what you will get with this model from the Allen Company.
This pistol cleaning kit includes everything you need to thoroughly clean your handguns except for liquid degreaser and lubricants. It will allow you to expertly clean all .38, .357, 9mm, .40 and .45 caliber pistols.
The case itself is very durable and organizes the various contents that come with this pistol cleaning kit very well. The case is compact and sturdy enough that you can throw it in your back pack and easily take it into the field with you
- Compact and sturdy carrying case
- Cleans .38, .357, 9mm, .40 and .45 caliber pistols
- High quality brass accessories
- Multi-functional handle
- Includes cleaning rods, swabs, cleaning tips and bore brushes
- A good model cleaning kit for the field
- Does not clean all caliber handguns
- There is no degreaser or lubricant included in the kit
This is another very good universal gun cleaning kit on our top review list that can handle cleaning your pistols no problem. It can also be used to clean bigger size firearms too.
Most everything you need to do a thorough job cleaning your firearms is included right in the kit. The kit includes a large assortment of gun cleaning patches, nylon cleaning tips and bore cleaning brushes. This fine gun cleaning kit also includes several solid brass cleaning rods and a well-designed multi-functional handle.
The case it comes in is made out of a very decorative wooden oak material. It is solid enough to protect the tools placed inside it and won’t look out of place sitting on any shelf in your home.
- Decorative wooden storage case
- Universal gun cleaning kit
- Accessories are high quality
- Includes solid brass cleaning rods
- Organized compartments in the case
- Includes degreaser
- Not a good case to take with you into the field
- Does not work well on shotguns
- Includes poor quality cleaning patches
Which one of these fine pistol cleaning kits do we like best? That would have to be the GLORYFIRE Universal 159 piece Gun Cleaning Kit.
We just liked everything about it including the fact that it is so versatile it can clean all different size guns. Everything you need but your cleaning fluids come right with this large size gun cleaning kit. The contents are nicely organized and laid out in the case which makes things go very smoothly as you are cleaning your weapon. The case is also sturdy enough to take this pistol cleaning kit into the field with you.
If you are truly looking for a good pistol cleaning kit then you should seriously consider making this kit the model that you choose. It is definitely one of the best pistol cleaning kit products.